Friday, March 9, 2007

Getting Old

One of the main things that bothers me most about getting old is the fact that the rate of metabolism gets slower; because, the slower the rate of metabolism, the harder it is to shed unwanted pounds. Another concern that I have about gettiing old is the possibility of getting Alzheimer's disease. I am terrified of the thought of memory loss associated with it.
One of the most satisfying thoughts of aging is the on-set of menopause, and the reality of the dismissal of the dreaded monthly period. Having already gone through menopause is wonderful.
Another great aspect of getting old is being more experienced and wiser regarding decision-making ordeals. The best advantage of all, is being able to retire from work; after, many long, hard years on the job.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I appreciate that you addressed positives and negatives of ageing in your blog. There are definatly those things that I look forward to and those I don't. I guess we each look at ageing a bit differently and we each experience it a bit differently.

NutriMom--Health & Happiness said...

We all worry about weight gain whether approaching old age or not. Weight gain is something in every woman’s mind. I totally agree with you when you say metabolism decreases with old age thus making more women vulnerable to weight gain. I think with physical activity and good diet we could all overcome weight gain even in old age. What I particularly like with your blog is the fact that you focus more on the positive effects of aging, the fact that we all gain status because of wisdom, the dismissal of the hassles of having a period and retirement. If most women would focus on the positive, may be old age would not be such a dreaded thing.

maimuna akilimali said...

I have enjoyed reading your concerns about getting old .I agree with you on the Alzeimers issue once you get old it seems that there will be alot of health issues that will affect you.