Saturday, May 5, 2007

Blog 15 Interesting or Impactful Aspects

The most interesting and impactful aspects of this course have been learning about various women's diseases, such as mental disorders and their effects on women's lives, nutrition, exercise, and eating disorders and their effect on the lives of so many women in the world. There is no way that I would have learned all of these things, if I hadn't taken this course. Studying the food pyramid and learning about the proper foods to eat has an a tremendous impact on my ability to implement an effective diet and exercise regiment and to remain faithful to it. Even though, I took this course as an elective, I am so grateful to have obtained the extensive knowledge and insight into so many important, vital aspects of life in general.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I too agree that this course taught a variety of women's diseases and health worldwide that you cannot really just learn or pick up anywhere else. I also took this course as an elective and it ended up helping me in other courses as well as opened my eyes to easy prevention tips and awareness of risks that I can use everyday. The ability to gain so much helpful information in a short period is incredibly wonderful for any woman and man to pass on to others.
Good luck with your finals this week!

Amaka said...

I agree that this course was a good learning experience in the fact that it brought to light many of the health issues of women in modern-day society. I learned a lot pertaining to general and personal health. I have decided to implement a healthier diet an to start exercising on a daily basis. I think this course shoud be a required course, instead of women's studies.