Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Challenges to Regular Exercise and Diet

Some of the biggest challenges that I face to regular exercise and a healthy diet are maintaining the motivation to continue them, once I have started, avoiding deserts, bread, and the practice of eating late at night, after I get home from work. Each time that I've started a diet, after the first week, I get bored with it, and find a million and one excuses to discontinue the exercise and diet program. One of the last biggest challenges, that I face, is being able to proportion my foods in moderation. I love good food; and, I love to eat.
Over the next five years, I plan to join an exercise group, such as Curves, so that I will have other people to motivate me. I also plan to avoid eating deserts made with sugar and other fatty foods. One of the main things that I plan to do is to stop eating late at night and to alleviate eating after 6 P.M. , as suggested by the dietician that I used to visit.

4 comments:

Anjelica said...

I agree with you. Motivation is one of the reasons why I have a hard time sticking to an exercise regime. This semester I've started working with a trainer. That helps a lot. Now I have someone who will keep me accountable for not working out. Maybe you could try that.

Anonymous said...

We sound a lot alike. That motivation thing gets me every time. I too, find sweets a strange creature. They just creep up and get me! Sometimes when I am studying late at night, I just gravitate to the kitchen and before I know it I am sitting in front of a luscious sweet dessert.

I want to be like you and give them up…especially late at night. That will the best thing about finishing school…no more late night studying and eating!

Curves sounds like a load of fun…Hope you enjoy!

Cassy's Big Blog said...

I hear everything you are saying. I find that it is hard to stay motivated to exercise three times a week. My biggest down fall is bread; I love bread. As a college student, it is extremely difficult to not eat late in the evening. When you are studying, you always want something to snack on. The late night snack is not a celery stick. Wow! You are really serious by seeking a dietician. I think Curves is an excellent exercise facility for women and a great motivator. You won’t be too conscious of yourself. I hope you are successful over the next five years with your plans.

Anonymous said...

Oh geez I can so relate to you on the loving to eat part. That is the hardest thing for me to deal with in my diet too. I was always raised in a family where we ate all different kinds of foods and desserts and I love to eat!! The portion control part is hard for me too, especially when I go out to eat. I was always raised to eat everything on my plate and that can be a real problem when the portions in restaurants are double or triple what they should be.